Malibu Medical Group
Internal Medicine & Addiction Medicine located in Malibu, CA
If you’ve been injured or have other urgent, non-life-threatening medical needs, you can turn to Malibu Medical Group in Malibu, California, to receive the quality care you deserve. The team of internal medicine providers offers extended hours and convenient availability to treat acute illnesses, wound injuries, sports injuries, and more with same-day walk-in appointments. Call to schedule an appointment with Malibu Medical Group today, book an appointment online, or simply walk in.
Urgent Care Q & A
What is urgent care?
Urgent care is medical care associated with acute or chronic illnesses and injuries that require medical attention within 24 hours but aren’t life-threatening. Examples include:
- Falls and other non-life-threatening accidents
- Cuts that require stitches
- Mild or moderate asthma or an allergic reaction
- Fever, flu, severe sore throat, or eye irritation
- Sprains, strains, or back pain
- Minor broken bones or fractures
- Skin infections or rashes
- Urinary tract infections
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Dehydration, vomiting, or diarrhea
Malibu Medical Group’s urgent care center provides diagnostic services, including laboratory tests and X-rays. If you experience a life-threatening injury or illness, call 911, or head to the nearest emergency room for evaluation and treatment.
What should I expect during an urgent care visit?
When you arrive at Malibu Medical Group for an urgent care visit, a licensed medical provider reviews your medical history and symptoms with you to diagnose your health condition.
Your provider also completes a physical exam by checking your pulse, blood pressure, throat, eyes, ears, and breathing – and assesses the severity of an injury if you have one.
Your doctor or nurse may recommend a lab test, strep test, or diagnostic imaging test to confirm a diagnosis and establish a custom treatment plan for you based on the type and severity of your health condition. It might include:
- Watchful waiting
- Antibiotics or other medications
- Stitches or other wound care
- A referral to another medical specialist
Not all illnesses and injuries require treatment. Your doctor or nurse lets you know which treatment, if any, best matches your needs.
Is my illness or injury life-threatening?
Call 911, or head to the nearest emergency room if you experience a life-threatening illness or injury. It can be difficult to know how serious health conditions really are, so when in doubt, call 911. Examples of possible life-threatening health problems include:
- Severe chest pain or problems breathing
- A severely broken bone
- Deep knife or gunshot wounds
- Seizures, confusion, or loss of consciousness
- Heavy bleeding or severe burns
- Pregnancy-related complications
- Severe abdominal pain
- Vision loss, slurred speech, or numbness
- Suicidal thoughts or actions
A provider at Malibu Medical Group can transfer you to a hospital emergency room for further evaluation as needed for serious health conditions.
If you require immediate medical care for a non-life-threatening illness or injury, make an appointment with Malibu Medical Group today, or simply walk in.