Type of Test Offered
Nasopharyngeal Swab / PCR Testing
Nasopharyngeal Test is performed by entering a sterile swab through the nose. Once in the nose, it pushed to the back of your throat, just above the nasopharynx to collect the viral specimen. Once the specimen is collected it is frozen and sent to the lab for PCR testing.
Point of Care antibody testing and Serology testing is only available in office with an appointment at Malibu Medical, if you submit a request in the form at the bottom of the page we will contact you with more information. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org and request more information.
Results are usually returned 3-5 days after your test. If you test Positive we will call you. A negative COVID-19 result is represented on the lab report as “Not Detected” and will be released to the portal once we get it back.
To access your results please login to the patient portal by clicking here.
In an effort to protect your PHI please use the patient portal to obtain and communicate with us about your results.
Your username is the email address you registered with, if you need help resetting your password please email us at email@example.com.
If you have any of the following symptoms and test positive for COVID -19 you and everyone in your household need to self-isolate for 14 days.
Difficulty breathing (i.e.: unable to finish sentences because of your breathing, short of breath at rest, unable to lie down because of difficulty breathing)
Sore throat or runny nose
- Loss of smell and/or taste
If these symptoms worsen please get medical attention immediately.
FOR MORE CORONAVIRUS INFORMATION:
- LA County Department of Public Health coronavirus web page: http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/media/Coronavirus/
- California Department of Public Health coronavirus web page: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/Immunization/nCOV2019.aspx
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention coronavirus web page: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
- Información de losCentros para el Control y la Prevención de Enfermedades (CDC) enespañol: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index-sp.html
- City of Malibu coronavirus web page: www.MalibuCity.org/coronavirus