At Malibu Medical Group we offer 4 different types of in office COVID-19 Tests. We take all major PPO insurance, Kaiser and select HMO policies. Insurance companies are currently covering most if not all of the cost of COVID-19 testing.
We have tested over 6000 patients for COVID-19 since the start of the pandemic. We DO offer onsite corporate and private testing; to inquire please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We prioritize testing for first responders and are happy to travel onsite to test offices in Southern California.
To receive an in office test please do the following:
- Schedule an appointment and complete all patient registration paperwork
- Virtually meet with Dr. Benya or Chanel Ferrante NP
- Come to the office for your Testing Appointment; All Swab testing is done in the parking lot.
Corporate and Health Care Facility testing
We have developed testing protocols specifically for employees and businesses that are re-opening. Our team works closely with the HR department to design and implement testing protocols. Our testing team comes onsite and can test up to 200 employees a day in a drive through or walk up testing model. We offer Nasal swab and antibody testing.
We also offer testing options for health care facilities that require a negative COVID test prior to surgery or admission.
First Responder Testing
We are happy to travel to Fire department and Law enforcement offices to provide no cost testing to First responders and essential workers.
Types of Tests
All tests used in office have received EUA from the Food and Drug Administration
PCR Virus Testing
This test is used to confirm or rule out Current COVID-19 Infection, this test is considered the gold standard by the CDC and FDA.
Method: Nasopharyngeal or Nares Swab
Result Time: 48-72 Hours
Test Name: Lab Corp COVID-19 RT-PCR TEST
Rapid Antigen Testing
This test provides rapid results to determine if you currently have COVID-19, all positive results are confirmed with a PCR test.
Method: Nares Swab or Nasopharyngeal swab
Result Time: 15 Minutes
Test Name: Quidel Sofia 2 SARS Antigen FIA
Serology Antibody Testing
This test is to confirm or rule out previous COVID-19 Infection. If you think you may have had COVID anytime since January 1st 2020 this is the test for you
Method: Blood Draw
Result Time: 48-72 Hours
Test Name: Diasorin IGG- LIAISON SARS-CoV-2 S1/S2 IgG
Results are usually returned 2-3 days after your test. If you test Positive we will call you. A negative COVID-19 result is represented on the lab report as “Not Detected” and will be released to the portal once we get it back.
To access your results please login to the patient portal by clicking here.
In an effort to protect your PHI please use the patient portal to obtain and communicate with us about your results.
Your username is the email address you registered with, if you need help resetting your password please email us at email@example.com.
If you have any of the following symptoms and test positive for COVID -19 you and everyone in your household need to self-isolate for 14 days.
Difficulty breathing (i.e.: unable to finish sentences because of your breathing, short of breath at rest, unable to lie down because of difficulty breathing)
Sore throat or runny nose
- Loss of smell and/or taste
If these symptoms worsen please get medical attention immediately.
FOR MORE CORONAVIRUS INFORMATION:
- LA County Department of Public Health coronavirus web page: http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/media/Coronavirus/
- California Department of Public Health coronavirus web page: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/Immunization/nCOV2019.aspx
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention coronavirus web page: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
- Información de losCentros para el Control y la Prevención de Enfermedades (CDC) enespañol: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index-sp.html
- City of Malibu coronavirus web page: www.MalibuCity.org/coronavirus